Comment on page
How and Where to Buy AVAX for Using NFT STARS on Avalanche
To start working with the Avalanche version of the NFT STARS marketplace, users first need to set up their MetaMask wallet and get some AVAX, Avalanche’s native token, in order to pay the transaction fees.
Log in to your MetaMask wallet and click on the Network drop-down menu. There you will see the 'Select Custom RPC' option, click on it and fill in the following data:
2. Select the "Cross-Chain" button in the left bar.
3. Choose "C Chain (Contract)" as your destination chain, which is compatible with smart contracts. Make sure you follow this step precisely, otherwise you will not be able to continue using NFT STARS.
4. Enter the amount and click on the “Confirm” button.
5. Select “Send”.
Select "C Contract" in the Source Chain tab.
6. Select "C Contract" in the Source Chain tab.
7. Enter your MetaMask wallet address in the "To Address" field in the Avalanche Wallet.
8. Confirm and finalize the transaction.
If you don't have any AVAX in any wallet, you can purchase it from an exchange. The AVAX token can be purchased from the following exchanges: Binance, BitMart, Bitfinex, Bitpanda, BtcTurk, Coinbase, Coinone, Complus Network, DEX Guru, Gate.io, Huobi, Jelly Swap, OKEx, Okcoin, Pangolin, Paribu, Securitize, Simplex, SushiSwap, Trader Joe and Voyager.
Here's how it works on the Binance exchange. You have several options:
- If you have some crypto on your Binance wallet, simply choose 'Convert' in the drop-down list that appears when you hover over the 'Trade' menu item. Review the conversion options and choose the best time to conduct the transaction.
- If you're familiar with Binance and how to trade on the spot market, go to the 'Market' tab and search for AVAX pairs.
- If you have only fiat currency, Binance offers the option to buy crypto through a SWIFT bank transfer, credit or debit card, P2P trading and third-party payments. Choose what works best for you and make sure you double-check the list of coins available for purchase. For example, when choosing third-party payments, you can’t purchase AVAX directly. You will need to buy USDT, BUSD or other tokens and then trade them for AVAX.
Once you have AVAX on your Binance account, withdraw the tokens to your wallet.
Check your MetaMask wallet and there you go! Now, you can proceed to the NFT STARS marketplace and make your first transaction on the Avalanche version of the platform.
While trading on centralized exchanges, always check the withdrawal rules. Some exchanges require you to pass a KYC procedure, others impose limits on withdrawals for users avoiding KYC. The average cost of minting an NFT on the Avalanche network is 0.0005 AVAX, an amount that complies with any threshold.